Things are happening in St. Paul and we want you to be a part of the experience! New restaurants, shops, and a hotel are bringing people to town for a visit and maybe an extended stay. The Clinch River and Spearhead Trails have much to offer to the outdoor enthusiast, but we want more. We want to see live music and live theatre on the stage of the Lyric Theater in downtown St. Paul.
People want to live where there is cultural arts and entertainment. Businesses want to locate where there is a thriving downtown. The new design will have much needed conference space. The Lyric Theater can once again be the center of our small town experience. Your donation will help revitalize the Lyric Theater and make it a downtown destination for locals, the people in neighboring towns, and visitors far and wide.
We are happy to report these achievements:
• $300,000 grant from Appalachian Regional Commission
• $100,000 from Town of St. Paul
• $53,555 in Capital Campaign to date
• $$35,000 in general fundraising to date
• $40,000 grant from Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority
• Additional $200,000 from Appalachian Regional Commission
• Architect hired; designs approved by Department of Historic Resources
• Phase I construction bids will be opened on December 18
Tax-deductible donations may be made to: The Lyric Project P.O. Box 375 St. Paul, VA 24283 or at Carter Bank & Trust, 3054 Fourth Avenue, St. Paul, VA, or online at ,
A donation receipt will be mailed to you.
Every donation is vitally important and very much appreciated. Your gift will live on for future generations.
Sincerely, Ad Hoc Committee for Lyric Theater Revitalization